Local Authority Park
Transforming an underutilized, very large community recreation and sports area into a future proof community and sports park, at no cost to the council.
REASON FOR UPGRADE:
To get the local community back out into the fresh air, by offering a host of opportunities that will positively impact people’s lives.
- To get families sharing fun times together outside in their own borough!
- To offer sports and recreational facilities that will expand people’s minds and physical skills thus giving them opportunities to learn and grow as well as creating healthy regimes.
- To attract visitors to the borough, and to be seen as an innovative borough, helping to shape the future rather than waiting for the future to shape it!
- For the new facilities to be low maintenance and generate income to pay for the upkeep of the new park.
4 years from start to finish
The project covers 148 acres and involves the importation of 780,000 m3 of environmentally approved soil.
The finished project will include the following …
- 4 brand new 3G FA approved football pitches • A new synthetic cricket pitch and multi sports outfield.
- Restored Historic Lake, and reinstatement of a river.
- Refurbished and extended clubhouse to act as visitor centre.
- 3 new all weather tennis courts.
- 40 acre Discovery Park with learn and play areas.
- New pathways throughout the site.
- Bespoke wooden adventure play area, with low ropes climbing area.
- Picnic areas & Amphitheatre for outdoor performances
- 3 viewing mounds sighting key landmarks.
- New tree-lined central avenue plus 3000 new trees planted.
- New car park.
- Water recycling zone.
- Existing park areas upgraded.
Bannister Stadium Football Pitchesadmin2022-12-16T16:41:42+00:00
Local Authority Parkadmin2022-12-16T16:50:02+00:00
Local Authority Park 2admin2022-12-16T16:52:32+00:00
Slinfold Golf & Country Clubadmin2022-12-16T16:54:16+00:00