transforming an underutilized, bland, very large community park into a more visually appealing space, that will welcome a greater number of visitors, at no cost to the council.
REASON FOR UPGRADE:
To make the park more appealing to a greater cross section of the community, thereby helping residents with their wellness mentally and physically. At the same time dealing with some flood concerns in the borough.
London Borough of Baking & Dagenham
- To get families sharing fun times together outside in their own borough!
- To construct a new path network to all the park to be a safe and enjoyable way to cross the borough, and generally promote walking in great outdoors.
- To create an events space with gentle amphitheatre mounding to improve the visitor experience.
- Create abatement zones to hold water back and deal with a real concern of flooding further south in the borough during heavy storms.
2 years from start to finish
- The finished project will include the following…
- Upgrade of the tennis courts.
- New pathways throughout the site.
- Bespoke wooden adventure play area.
- Picnic areas & Amphitheatre for outdoor performances
- Over 100 New Specimen trees planted.
- Several abatement zones to manage surface water and create ecological benefits.
- Existing Park areas upgraded.
The project covers 70 acres and involves the importation of 120,000 m3 of environmentally approved soil.