Local Authority Park 2
Transforming just I/3rd of a large community and sports park into a groundbreaking winter sports and adventure park, at no cost to the council.
REASON FOR UPGRADE:
To give the council something exceptional for their residents as well as attracting thousands of visitors from adjoining boroughs and further afield.
- To create the UK’s No 1 Winter Sports Centre, thereby giving opportunities to local residents; schools and community groups.
- To attract a ‘blue chip’ operator that generates an income for the council as well as creating significant employment opportunities for local residents.
- To enhance the lifestyle value of the borough, making it a more desirable place to live and work.
- To give local residents opportunities they would never have expected, and to help a young person one day represent the UK in the Winter Olympics:
- To keep people active and well with fun outdoor adventures and activities.
4 – 5 years from start to finish
The finished project will include the following …
- The UK’s longest dry ski slope at 650m, featuring the revolutionary pro slope surface.
- The UK’s longest toboggan run at 782m.
- 135m ski lift. • 300 m2 of an outdoor climbing wall.
- 320m of Zip wires. • 1462m of mountain bike trails.
- Refurbished and extended clubhouse to act as a visitor centre.
- Astroturf Rugby pitch.
- New car park.
- Water recycling zone.
- New wildflower areas.
- 1000 new trees.
The project covers 45 acres and involves the importation of 750,000 m3 of environmentally approved soil.
Bannister Stadium Football Pitchesadmin2022-12-16T16:41:42+00:00
Local Authority Parkadmin2022-12-16T16:50:02+00:00
Local Authority Park 2admin2022-12-16T16:52:32+00:00
Slinfold Golf & Country Clubadmin2022-12-16T16:54:16+00:00