Transforming just I/3rd of a large community and sports park into a groundbreaking winter sports and adventure park, at no cost to the council.
REASON FOR UPGRADE:
To give the council something exceptional for their residents as well as attracting thousands of visitors from adjoining boroughs and further afield.
- To create the UK’s No 1 Winter Sports Centre, thereby giving opportunities to local residents; schools and community groups.
- To attract a ‘blue chip’ operator that generates an income for the council as well as creating significant employment opportunities for local residents.
- To enhance the lifestyle value of the borough, making it a more desirable place to live and work.
- To give local residents opportunities they would never have expected, and to help a young person one day represent the UK in the Winter Olympics:
- To keep people active and well with fun outdoor adventures and activities.
4 – 5 years from start to finish