Transforming 140 acres of Farmland into the UK1s No I Family Golf/ Leisure Centre.
REASON FOR UPGRADE:
To create a golf & leisure facility relevant to current times and the demands of the modern family.
DWF Sports Ltd
To create a golf centre that not only appealed to the traditional golfer, but also attracted the modern family and professional person. It became apparent that the golf facility of yesterday will not survive in a few years time, and so the owners wanted to upgrade their facilities to attract a new audience as well as looking after the regular golfer. They strongly believed that this type of facility was essential if in fact they were to help grow the traditional game of golf.
With many comparables to life Golf is considered a very valuable sport to experience, however golf has been in demise for a number of years, the key reasons for this demise are …
- Golf Centres and Courses are not visually appealing to the younger generation who are growing up with 30; HD; X Box etc.
- Families are looking to do things together more than ever before, playing golf is not something you can just go and play it takes time to learn.
- Golf is renowned for being one of the harder sports to learn, which brings back the problem of time, and of course cost.
- Golf is traditionally played on an 18 hole course, and a round of golf these days can take 4 ½ – 5 hours, add travel time and even the minimal socializing after the round and it can eat up a big chunk of your day, something very few people can afford to do.
6 years from start to finish. Facilities have been opening throughout the project.
The finished project will include the following …
- Masters Par 3 Course. Already being hailed as the best in the UK.
- Moby Golf – the biggest and now the busiest adventure golf course in the UK.
- Foot Golf – only the 2nd purpose built foot golf course in the UK.
- 9 Hole ‘Olympic’ course. A course built to accommodate every stage of developing golfer.
- Remodeled Golf Driving Range to include 8 full size astro-turf target greens to simulate real play.
- 2000 m2 astro-turf short game area.
- FUN Golf Course. A new concept where learning golf is fast and fun and instantly on a purpose built golf course.
The project covers 140 acres and involves the importation of 650,000 m3 of environmentally approved soil.